pgpry is a Pthread-based password recovery program for private OpenPGP keys. It reads private key data from stdin and performs a brute-force attack in order to recover the pass phrase. Numerous options for restricting the key space are offered, including regular expression filtering and prefix/suffix filters.
- Guessing based on a dictionary or a character set (incremental and random)
- State saving and restoring (for incremental guessing)
- Regular expression filtering
- Addition of prefixes/suffixes to the guessed words
- Parsing of binary and ASCII-armored OpenPGP data
October 25, 2011
Version 0.1.1 released, fixing premature stopping on search space exhaustion and a small memory leak.
March 14, 2010
Initial release: pgpry 0.1